Monday, November 14, 2011

Country Music Speaks to My Soul...

Okay folks. I'm back and I've made a personal goal to update this blog at least once a month. However, I'm not making any promises, because this blogging goal might go over just about as well as my budgeting and not-eating-sugar-only-on-Sundays goals, which to say the least have not been going well at all! But I guess it's a step in the right direction.

Anyway, I've been dying to post pics and tell all about my magical summer of country music concerts and about how I actually got to touch Brad Paisley, Luke Bryan and Tim McGraw (not even kidding). I have pics to prove it!

BRAD PAISLEY:  Our summer concert series started with Brad Paisley at the Stadium of Fire. And I can't go without giving a little background on how we scored such perfect seats. To make a long story short, I bought a few nosebleed tickets on KSL for super cheap and we were super excited that we got such a great deal, even though the seats weren't stellar. Anyway, about two hours before the show started, we got a text from our friends (who work for the freedom festival) saying they had six second row seats for six super fans! Needless to say, we were beyond thrilled to accept his offer and even more thrilled to receive a personal wink from Mr. Paisley himself! Oh and by the way, these pics are not zoomed in. We were actually this close!


We may or may not have trampled a few toddlers and knocked over a chair or two to obtain this picture!


KENNY CHESNEY:  Concert number two of the summer concert series was Mr. Kenny Chesney. I don't have any wild stories to share about this one, but I will say that the man can sport a denim cutoff shirt with skin tight denim jeans (typically a fashion no-no) and look like a total knockout!  I love Kenny :)



TIM MCGRAW:  The peak of our country loving summer was when Tania and I got to stand in "The Pit" at the Tim McGraw concert...A dream come true for both of us.  Not kidding, if I were to be on a the Make a Wish Foundation, that's what I would choose!  But that's beside the point.  The point is, we got to touch Tim (multiple times) and I'm 98% sure we made legit eye contact at one point in the show!  And can I just say the man is even better looking in person.  He is 44 years old, and doesn't look a day over 30.  And when he goes down on his knees and dances around in those skin tight jeans...Be still my soul!  Anyway, all that being said, August 6, 2011 will go down in history as one of the best days of our lives!






We were leaning on the stage!

RASCAL FLATTS:  About a month after Tim, we celebrated Flatts Fest, and thanks to Tania's cousin who works for USANA, we scored VIP passes complete with a pre-concert dinner and tickets in a suite next to two cute Idaho country boys!  The show was fabulous.  However I will say that Gary's (the lead singer) stylist should be fired.  A man of his stature should never wear sparkly jeans and a maternity looking shirt.  It does nothing for him.  That's all.


See what I mean about the horrifying outfit?  Maybe the pic doesn't do it justice but believe me, it was bad!


JASON ALDEAN:  The series ended with our favorite country boy Jason Aldean!  He makes me proud to have redneck country roots, and makes driving a tractor and shooting a gun sound glamorous.  He's my kind of man!

Don't you love our shirts? We're true fans



Well needless to say, Summer 2011 was one of the best ones yet!




No comments:

Post a Comment