11. The First Annual Omni Awards: The last place I lived was called the Omni and we had such a fun ward. And last January, all of our FHE groups were assigned a film genre and we each made a movie. Then we had a black tie event (Omni Awards) complete with a red carpet, mocktails, and a surprise appearance from Justin Bieber himself. It was such a magical night and I literally felt like a star. I was even asked to present the "Best Actor" award which was so fun. And the best part about it, our group won "Best Picture" for the night with our hit thriller "Omni Nightmare!" Such a great memory.
|The talented cast of "Omni Nightmare"|
9. Graduated from WSU with my Bachelor's Degree: I am officially upgraded from Melanie RN to Melanie RN, BSN. Another bucket listing adventure crossed off. I don't have any pics of this because I didn't walk at commencement for various reasons but mostly because bright purple really just isn't my color...Just take my word for it!
8. Disneyland: At the end of April, my whole family packed up and headed to California for a trip of a lifetime. Everyone in the family came and it was literally a fairlytale and something we'll talk about for years to come!
|And this is where mom fainted on California Screamin'...Funny now, not too funny then!|
|We love Tower of Terror|
7. Girl's Camp Nurse: So I know it's not really kosher to wish for callings in the church, but I have secretly always wanted to be a girl's camp leader which is pretty hard considering I haven't lived in a ward with a Young Women's program for nearly 7 years. Anyway, in August my dream came true. My wonderful cousin Melissa asked me to come to camp with her ward to be the onsite nurse. It was so fun to be around the young women and feel of their spirit (and have a lot of fun in the mean time)! Thanks Melissa and Bailey for giving me the chance to be a part of your ward for a few days!
6. Trip to Cozumel: Since I'm the baby of the family (by a long way), I have had the opportunity to spend some quality time alone with my parents throughout my life which I consider a huge blessing. Anyway, this past fall I got to spend a week with them in paradise. We went to Cozumel Mexico and it was magical. The place looks just like the postcards with white sand and aqua blue water. We met some great people from the south and I was also able to fulfill several bucket listing adventures including: singing karaoke, snorkeling, parasailing, and ziplining! And you better believe I drank my fair share of virgin Miami Vices...Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.
5. Murdery Mystery Dinner: As I mentioned above, since I moved to Orem I have met some of the best friends ever and we have become like a little family. Anyway, in October my friends Mike and Sarah planned a murder mystery dinner which was super fun. We were all assigned characters and were able to dress up as such. I got to be Miss White and wear bright red lipstick!
4. Thanksgiving: I love everything about Thanksgiving because it consists of eating way more good food than should be humanly possible and then shopping my brains out the next day! Two of my favorite hobbies. This year was no exception. I experienced the magic of Thanksgiving and the mayhem of black friday! What a rush. And this year, black friday was even more wild than other years. On our walk into Wal Mart a car was full blown up in flames and to add to the madness, all the shoppers started revolting at 9:30 pm. They couldn't even wait till ten. I guess the $9.99 griddles were worth the risk of possibly getting arrested. It was certainly an experience. I'm just relieved we didn't get pepper sprayed. Oh yeah, and speaking of Thanksgiving dinner, I made my first apple pie this year...totally from scratch. And it even had a lattice top! You should probably be impressed :)
|Yep, that's the car in flames at Wal Mart|
3. 25th Birthday: I have officially completed the first quarter of my life and I've never been happier! I celebrated my birthday with all my closest friends at my favorite restaurant...The Family Tree in Santaquin. I feel right at home there and I also love to show my city slicker friends what it's like to hang out in the country!
2. Tim McGraw Concert: I know I've mentioned this before but I am not lying, standing in the pit at the Tim McGraw concert will go down in history as one of the best memories of my life because I'll tell you what...That man drives me wild!
1. Luke was born: I became an aunt for the 12th time and it never gets old! Lukas Ted DeWitt arrived on August 6, 2011 and I fell in love instantly and he continues to melt my heart even though he barfs on me every single time I hold him...without fail! Anyway, I really think being an auntie is the best job ever and I feel so blessed to live so close to all my nieces and nephews and be a part of their lives.
Well enough about 2011...Here's to 2012!