Thursday, May 6, 2010

Super Seniors :)


Okay, so you know how I have old parents? Well I do. All three of us just happen to be seniors...I'm a senior at WSU working on my BSN and they're, well they're senior citizens. Anyway, I recently had the wonderful opportunity to be their designated driver for their twinner colonoscopies! Yep, you read it right...colonoscopies on the same day in the same room! How romantic right? I felt like it was my responsibility to get them to their appointment because I'm "the nurse" and I'm constantly hounding them to take care of themselves. But I always tell them, "You guys chose to have me when you were old, so you better choose to stay alive till I'm old!" Their reply is typically something like this, "We didn't choose to have you." But that's not my fault now is it?! I would like to think I'm a surprise not an accident...But that's beside the point. After all, growing up with old parents has its perks. Going to the movies was always economical... "One child, two seniors, thanks!" And as a teenager, I never had to worry about them hearing me come in late because they couldn't hear anyway. In all honesty, I really do love being the baby of the family and I couldn't ask for better parents...even if they are elderly!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my I am LOL, I did not hear about the twiners that is REALLY funny, but so important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am busting up! Your poor parents, do they know you posted this??? That is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog from Jan's and can I just say you are hilarious! I am laughing out loud . :)

    ReplyDelete